Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Everything at once...

Wowzers...so many things happening I don't have time to take a moment unless it's early or too late. I'm gonna grab a quick one right now. So the show is in full swing now so that means I'm choreographing, editing video, editing music, making more lists, doing program stuff, teaching, and trying to stay sane and serene. This past weekend was the Urban Couture Senior Collection fashion show in which myself and Elaina Whitehead created something for. I also did the costumes for my piece and by do I mean make. 7 shirts made, 100 mirrors glued, one headdress revamped but it was all worth it cause it rocked the house. I mixed contemporary dance with hip hop set to a track by Brooklyn String Quartet, an awesome young ensemble. Then Elaina did her part to a mix of Sam Sparro and T Pain. By the end of the 3.5 minute piece the crowd was screaming, they loved it. Yay, mission accomplished. The audience was sprinkled with local celebs including Suchita Vadlamani host of Fox 5 Good Day Atlanta, Bill Hallman local clothing guru, and Dwight Eubanks from Real Housewives of Atlanta. it was a fun and exciting night with dance and fashion by the senior designers of Grady High School. These young adults led by Vincent Martinez really have amazing talent. The designs were sophisticated, edgy, well thought out and absolutely wearable. Fabulous work.

Tonight at the studio there were three rehearsals going on at the same time. David, Barry and Rachel and I must say that the dances are looking good. Some still rough around the edges but nothing that some good thorough cleaning will not take care of. My Old School/Latin Jazz dance is finish cept for the very end and I really like it. My dancers are working hard and really showing up for the piece. I'm doing a duet also set on my muse Ashley Lewis and a newbie Travis Barron. I love the dance and it's quirky style of budding romance. It's visual, endearing, and choreographically interesting. Starting to formulate the opening video montage that is going to be the most challenging to date and I'm super excited about it. Finally purchase Final Cut but probably am going to use iMovie cause I don't have the time to experiment and learn.

I have to say that my life is full at the moment and for that I'm grateful. I just need to get my sleep a bit more consistent and all will be well.

1 comment:

  1. Sleep? What's that? I've heard the Grady HS show is wonderful, and it looks like your show will be terrific as always!

    ReplyDelete