Friday, July 2, 2010

2 days with Diva


I can't say enough good things about my experience the past two days working on Drop Dead Diva. Today was shoot day and I arrived to the set at 930am in Peachtree City, which by the way should be moved closer to the freeway exit, I'm just sayin'! We started rehearsal around 10am to perfect the routine we were to shoot later in the day. Tyce Diorio created the flurry of cross hatching, swirling, jumping, pumping that whizzed us dancers through the set which was made to look like an upper scale restaurant. The 8 dancers which included Tyce were dressed as waiters...not from The Varsity but more like Ecco in midtown. Black Eddie Bower stretch jeans, gray H&M dress shirt, charcoal gray tie, black Vans...and a black apron is what the boys wore. So we danced from 10-1130am then waited for the director to come check out what was going on, he loved it so we took a break and by break I mean a nap in my trailer. Yay! We went back to set around 230p to eat lunch then got dressed around 4 to start shooting. When we got to the set it was filled with people posing as patrons of the restaurant, so that gave the room more energy. There were three camera's shooting the entire time plus a steady cam for several of the shots. It's always interesting as a dancer to maneuver around the dolly tracks, boom arms, and the steady cam guy moving around at will with no rehearsal. We must of done the entire routine 50 times so you know I was sweating but surprisingly my underarms did not. I mean for the the people who have worked with me on TV or movie sets before know that I am the sweater of all sweaters and not once did I have pits. It was amazing! Now my face and neck were different stories though...all sweat all the time. At any rate after the 50th time the director came out and said thank you to all of us and that was a wrap. I have to say that the cast (Brooke Elliot, Jackson Hurst, Jaime Ray Newman) and crew of Drop Dead Diva are some class A peeps. So gracious, so supportive, so talented, and with great senses of humor. I can't wait to see how it turned out. Tyce was pleased, the producers were ecstatic and the director was in awe. My body is super sore but my heart and mind are full of gratitude and good memories. I can't thank Tyce enough for the opportunity to once again work on a TV show. It was like being 23 again on the set of FAME. Not sure when the episode airs but will keep an eye out for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment