Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Active and open...

I asitting at my desk and vibrating with creativity. After seeing the Salvador Dali' exhibit at the High Museum today I have been invigorated. Of course having tattoos of several Dali' images you know that he is my favorite artist and today being surrounded by his work I felt connected even more. He was so prolific, so confident, so paranoid, so in love. And amazing. I went with my girls Jenny and Pam which brought an extra added layer of joy to the morning and afterward went to eat and had fun convo and of course laughs. This past couple months I've been busy doing many things. I turned another year riper, I've worked on a film, I've traveled out of state to teach, I've judge a singing competition, I've visited L.A., I've seen amazing performance art, I choreographed a video for Pink Magazine, I acted as consultant on a music video for Fallon and Felisha, I've finished a dance for 32 young dancers, I directed Celebrity Dance Challenge, I saw the Dalai Lama, I was on Better Mornings Atlanta, I connected with friends from my past, I started a dance for Gathering Wild Dance Company, I choreographed a wedding dance, and Friday I start rehearsal for an NFL halftime show for GA Lottery...I say all this cause at times I forget how full my life is and has been. My trip to L.A. was an eye opener to how I feel about living in Atlanta. I've lived here for 3 years and it's finally home to me. I do love L.A. for many reasons with the most important one being that my longest and deepest friendships remain there but Atlanta is home. I have many friendships here and am surrounded by loving and supportive people. I have taken root by tilling my soil and trying not to get root rot by being complacent or closed off (with varying levels of success). If I remain open, giving, and in forward motion without letting negativity creep in my mind or heart then I'm growing. I'm so grateful for all of the gifts that my life in Atlanta has given me and look forward to more being revealed.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, thanks for the inspiring insights. Your a dancer and a writer! :)

    So is that your Eye or Dalis? lol
    Sean H, an old student.

    ReplyDelete