Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Anew...


Lately I have had the opportunity to experience a down time. I'm usually an upbeat person and don't get down very often at all but during transitions I tend to feel that way. This past week and a bit has been one of those times where I have felt not of myself. I try to move through this time to in a mindset of learning. Some of the things I think about are...What am I here for? What is my purpose? What's next for me? How can I be more to people? How can I be creative? How can I change to become more realized? Of course the answers don't come as I would like them, that being in a beautifully illustrated manual with fantastic bound cover with a rustic charm to it. So I have to wait, think, reflect, imagine. I am in that mode using my patience, acceptance, friendships, experience, generosity, compassion. With varying levels of success I try to realize that I am who I am supposed to be at that certain moment. I am grateful for this time and at the same time would love for it to be gone. Tonight I took my first step aerobics class. I feel I need to get in shape and think this class could help. I know I'm a dancer and am in relatively good shape but dance does not keep me in the shape I'd like to be in...30" waist instead of 34" waist. Yes I am vain. It does go more than superficial though. I like the way I feel when I am leaner and svelte. I look better in my clothes, I move better and feel better when I move. I can wear the clothes I refer to as my skinny clothes that I used to wear on tour and feel great in. This step class is the first part in addition to eating better of the transformation of me. And...It helped with the way I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment