Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dance is going on...

So I'm sitting here at the studio and all four studio's are still going. In Studio 1 Rose is rehearsing for Anthology, in Studio 2 David is work shopping movement for an upcoming show called LIFT, in 3 T.P. is rehearsing for a film called "Step Sister" and in Studio 4 Barry is rehearsing his dance for KORU. The studio is actually closed but there is dancing still going on. Amazing the dedication that dancers have.

This weekend I was going to take off...I even typed in my phone "TAKE WEEKEND OFF", well that didn't happen. Friday I went to work as usual at 3pm then left to go to Philips Arena to rehearse with 100 and something dancers for a GA Lottery event. There we were on the basket ball court working out steps and spacing it's strange working with that many dancers specially when you're talking over a microphone. The next day was the same. Went to the Philips at 10am and started right where we had left off. It'm working with Steven Jones, Quincey Lamar, and CiCi Kelley three of Atlanta's heavy hitters in the dance community. I have to say I love working with these people. They are talented, professional, and respectful. We work really well together. We stayed there til 2pm then I headed to grab a bite to eat and then went home and crashed for a bit. Luckily I did get some work done around my place, as in unpacking some boxes and hanging some things on the wall. Then at 9:30p I headed out for snacks and games with Suchita and the gang at Michael's house. Many laughs had, as well as some yelling and argueing because some people, who shall remain nameless, were not neccesarily playing farely. But none the less we had fun. The next day I had a couple of meetings then headed over to the studio to have a meeting with the choreographers of KORU. The meeting went well and so far the show seems like a good one. The Dames Aflame were holding an audition for new girls and I got to see a little of that, there was some good talent there, specially the young and ever so cute Candace Maxwell who did exceptionally well.

So here I am at the studio and getting ready to go home realizing that dance is alive and well around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment